Monday 3 November 2008

Role reversal


Sorry for not posting in a while; the reason is that my sister and I have temporarily swapped roles. I've been knitting and she's been making chutney!

Anyway, I thought you'd like to see my latest project. I knitted this for a friend using Sirdar Big Softie, which is lovely and cuddly (and pretty good value in my humble opinion). I used almost a ball and a half of each colour, which is a lot, but I did 30 stitches accross and then sewed it up so it's basically a big tube. It's just straight stocking stitch, so you get nice curly ends. Incidentally, I read a pretty negative review of this yarn, so just for the record: I didn't have any trouble knitting with it, and I'm a pretty rubbish knitter.

(Sorry - colours don't come out too well here)

My next project is set to be rather more challenging, and it'll also require Rachel's hat felting expertise... Oh dear - I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it too creepy to say that I really miss Rachel's acerbic wit in 'Oh, the glamour'...? It did make me giggle...! I check, every few weeks.. and nothing! Ah well, all good things must come to an end. But not even a goodbye - it's too harsh! ;)