Monday 18 February 2008

Air Freshener

This is the ultimate green cheap tip, and I got the idea from Anthea Turner's Perfect Housewife, which I have to say I've never seen in my life. I did however, while it was on, get her handy weekly tips off the internet. I don't often admit to that.

Ok, so if you are using Air Freshener regularly, you are a) fairly gross and not very clean, or b) you live above chain smokers that fry bacon and don't ventilate. However, if Anthea needs it then what hope is there for the rest of us? This is great to have on hand when you've just had fish for tea, or have just been to the loo and people are arriving in 2 minutes....

Green Air Freshener

1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 glass cold water

Put it in a squirty thing (also recycling!). You could also add essential oils to smell nice, but this is all you need to neutralise nasty pongs. If it's really nasty, you will need several squirts, but you can do so with a clean conscience knowing it's super-green!

No comments: