Friday 8 February 2008

Intelligence undermining

Hello again. My friend, quoted earlier, has chosen to remain nameless on this blog, but has given me permission to pass on tips I have nicked from him/her. Whatever... Anyway, he/she did point out that when making dahl and baked potatoes, if you cut your potatoes in half they only take half as long to cook (this 'aint rocket science) which is more environmentally friendly. It would of course mean that if you want you dahl ready more quickly you'd have to do it in a pan. I felt that this was entirely obvious, but apparently it needs to be said, and my brother-in-law did say I shouldn't assume too much intelligence on the part of the reader. Tony, you appear to be our only reader (at least commenter) so far, excluding family. How clever are you?

3 comments:

Chris said...

The thing is, if you cut the spud in half before baking, then you will lose the pleasure of karate chopping it open with your hand.

Tony Ruscoe said...

Heh. I'm clever enough to know that cutting your potatoes in half before baking them would be a crazy thing to do. Surely what you'd end up with would be two massive potato wedges rather than a baked potato in two halves...?

Nick said...

mis-quoted by a hollingworth as usual...